The number one person from college whom I am most thankful for (besides Hubs) is a certain Megan Ruth Lyons. She’s seriously one of the coolest chicks I know, and she has been chasing her calling towards youth ministry since she was a youth. That’s some serious discipline folks, especially when it comes to loving middle schoolers. In honor or our brief reunion over this lovely fall weekend, Megan is going to do a guest post on thankfulness. And it goes a little something like this:
I am a list person and since I only have one post, I am going to list so I get to say as much as possible without rambling!
1. I am thankful for having a home away from home where I can stay while I study at seminary on the weekends. Kait’s mom, Dana, is the best hostess! And I am so grateful for her opening her home to me two weekends every month.
2. This brings me to #2, thankful for being able to continue my education in a seminary where I am challenged as a believer in Christ and trained to lead others in the church.
3. I am so glad I have a job where I have bosses who are concerned with my spiritual, emotional and physical well being. And that they grant me grace as I continue to learn how to do youth ministry.
4. I am grateful for the opportunity to pour into the lives of teenagers in hopes of turning them towards Jesus.
5. And I am grateful for people in my life that push me towards Jesus like Kait, my family, my church community and my roommates.
6. I am grateful for peace that can only come from Jesus himself that calms me and provides reassurance in times of stress (which occurs often when working a full time job and taking three seminary classes).
I feel like this is not nearly enough! But then again, I guess I would have to start my own blog for you to hear everything I am grateful for! At the end of the day though, I am very blessed and very content to be where I am at this moment in my life.